Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Beans and Sewing Machines

   Today was not as productive as I'd hoped. I have one lesson that I teach each week and it fell through. The other appointment that I had also fell through.

   My wife did get her serger (overlocking sewing machine) in to be serviced. We have been discussing curtains for the living room to replace the blinds and a cover for the futon, so we looked at some ideas there. At least on the curtains she agreed that she could probably make some that fit better and that we liked better for less than what we could buy. We did buy a new glass measuring cup and a set of stainless steel measuring spoons in our continuing effort to cut down on plastic, especially in the kitchen. We also stocked up on a few essentials at Costco.

   After we returned home we took advantage of the blue skies as we moved the chickens and picked up the yard a bit. I made a quick run to the grocery store, made a payment on yet another debt, and finished replanting this round of indoor seed starts.

   The family spent the rest of the evening relaxing. After the son went to bed the wife and I finished the pinto bean canning project. As I type this the cans are cooling and the lids are beginning to pop sealed. They look great and I am looking forward to trying them out!

   All day long I wore my new "barefoot" shoes. I am feeling it in my calves and arches. Time to get back in shape...

No comments:

Post a Comment