Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Uncertainty

   Here at the homestead, two events happened today:

   First, my job came to an end. That's not exactly accurate -- I'm self-employed and that didn't really change. The company to which I sub-contract (the place where people make my schedule and dictate my pay but isn't "really" my employer) was sold to another party. So that job is over. The new group has indicated that they wish to continue to use me for about half of what I was making before. (I mentioned this in Is This The Moment? about six weeks back.) Tomorrow I will get to find out all of the details of my "new contract". Then I will need to make a decision.

   The second event was the receipt of a notice in the mail that our rent is going up 20%, effective immediately.

   The wife and I had a conversation this evening about possible options. At this moment, all I can say is that I'm glad we didn't have time to get seeds in the ground yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment