Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Headlamp: FOUND!

   My missing headlamp (see Prepping For The First Backpacking Trip of 2011) was found last night! My wife found it in an old nap sack we had forgotten we had taken with us to Mt. Rainier. I had looked there, but I apparently missed a pocket.

   Of course this comes the day we bought it's replacement.

   Oh well, now we each have one and, to be honest, I'm glad we didn't get a less-expensive replacement because it's a good, versatile lamp.

   We haven't replaced the french press. This last trip we took tea bags and single-serving coffee bags. It creates a little more waste to pack out, but it works for now and we can compost them when we get home.

   We did get the wife new hiking boots and a new pack. Her old boots were cheap to begin with and pretty tired, but we've had a difficult time finding solid, affordable, comfortable boots for her. More or less the same story with the backpack. After the North Fork of the Skokomish trip we agreed to put the debt pay-down on hold for a moment and remedy those two issues. We took advantage of REI's Summer Sale and upgraded or replaced a few other items.

   I can't wait for the next trip!

   Where's my map?...

No comments:

Post a Comment