Thursday, March 17, 2011

If I Could Change Anything...

   If I had the opportunity to change one thing -- I'm talking It's A Wonderful Life style -- I would keep the concept of money from ever coming to pass.

   Money is an artificial entity. Some might say it was intended to make bartering and trading simpler, but I suspect even then there were ulterior motives. In it's ideal it might serve to make barter and trade easier, but at it's worst it is a beast of manipulation that only serves to promote manipulative people.

   I'm not saying Adam Smith was completely wrong. Adam Smith was actually spot-on in the context of what he had to work with. Adam Smith said, "No society can surely be flourishing and happy, of which the far greater part of the members are poor and miserable."

   Guess where we are, folks?

   We have been bought and sold, our futures mortgaged for the consolidation of meaningless paper, coin, and virtual numbers.

   At least barter and trade produced something meaningful and/or tangible.

   We need to expect to pay more for quality and expect more from those we provide with quality.

   I am exhausted trading my resources to entities who fail to live up to what is put out.


   What do you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment